You’re invited to a nationwide series of five Marxist-Humanist discussions on:
Global Crises, Global Rebellion, and the Needed Philosophy of Revolution
Central to today’s reality is the worldwide capitalist economic crisis, the deepest since the Great Depression of the 1930s, and the context for occupations and revolutions across the globe. We will explore the meaning of this new depression, its causes and what is needed to create a society that is not doomed to suffer repeated economic and environmental collapse.
1. Marx’s Capital and today’s global crises
2. American civilization on trial
3. The Arab Spring in light of Marx’s philosophy of revolution in permanence
4. Women as force and reason of revolution
5. The dialectic as force of revolution
Discussions will take place in Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, Detroit, Chicago, and New York. To find out how to participate, contact News and Letters Committees.